Man, even my Instagramming has been quiet lately. These span a month and a half, a trip to Colorado (more on that to come), a burlesque show, apple picking, a wedding, and a few other random things thrown in there too.
1. An oddly intimate moment in the on-flight safety booklet.
2. Lights in Vail, CO.
3. The view from the window at my friend Sarah’s place in Boulder.
5. Somerville, lookin’ fine.
6. My attempt at drawing the Prince symbol.
7. My in-laws’ dog, Buddy. So in love.
8. Tech rehearsal sexiness.
9. Wisest fortune yet
10. A burlesque prop cake in the making.
11. Pre-show glitter lips.
12. The mister picks an apple.
13. The setting for the wedding we attended last week.
14. My (mostly) successful apple crisp.
15. What I came home to yesterday. That’s my husband under an afghan, wearing a straw boater hat.
Hey, friends. Feast your eyes on August’s Instagram delights…
1. Husband and feathered friend.
2. Apparently you can exit reality right outside the Davis Square Au Bon Pain.
3. Getting some quality time with Lucy, our burlesque troupe’s first baby.
4. My classy husband’s classy shirt. (Confession: it was my idea.)
5. My first visit to Haberdash Vintage at SoWa Open Market (I got a dress – will play show and tell soon).
6. Various goods at the SoWa Vintage Market.
7. My sister and her new pup, Duncan. I swear he’s real and not a Muppet.
8. Reclining at my hair appointment, complimentary peach sangria in hand.
9. One of the props for the routine I’m working on.
11. Presley, our dog-host during a weekend trip to NYC.
12. Doubtful. Glitter is not that easily stopped.
13. NEW YORK BAGELS, YO.
14. Our trivia team name.
15. Deceptively gorgeous sky in Medford.
16. Sad Mr. Washington on the side of the Clover food truck in Dewey Square.
For your viewing pleasure, I have Instagrammed views of all sorts of summer things: camping, dogs, babies, sunburn, karaoke, just to name a few.
1. PANDA RUG!
2. Dressed up as Dr. Girlfriend for our show at the Rusty Gear Con.
3. Buffy and the creature from Alien, before our private gig.
4. Sunday night karaoke crowd.
5. Elmo, is that you?
6. In the back of a windowless van, en route to 4th of July hangout.
8. Lunch break.
9. Me, Paul, and the 87 bus.
10. Karaoke magic.
11. Trying to sell my stuff.
12. Vintage shirt tag.
13. Sam “the Beagle” Sensale.
14. My beautiful post-flea-market sunburn.
15. At the new falafel place in Davis Square.
16. Lucy, the newest human I know. (Born just about two weeks ago to my friends Nancy and Mike)
17. Definitely the coolest thing that’s happened to me at work thus far.
18. Snacks at our office’s carnival-themed summer party.
19. My current favorite beer, enjoyed on our camping trip.
20. New Kork-Ease sandals that were waiting for me when we returned from camping. They were on sale!
21. Burly-q rehearsal.
In this edition of Insta(nt)gra(tification)m, I give you a craft beer festival, a thunderstorm, a tattoo appointment, two burlesque shows and other various things that I (and my phone) have seen lately.
Waiting to get in to the American Craft Beer Fest.
High Horse Brewery from Amherst.
Slide found on the ground outside the Davis Square Flea Market.
Our friend likes good beer.
Portrait of the artist as a housewife.
One of the few gummy bears I found placed around our neighborhood.
Disconcerting bar decor.
Storm over Boston Harbor, as seen from my office.
Davis Square breakfast companions.
Tools of the trade.
Saturday night dinner for four.
Paul and the thrill of the game.
A little Sunday night burlesque.
“I am fully aware that the camel toe in this outfit is fucking epic.” – Liz Fang, our troupe’s emcee.
So, as I alluded to in my last post, I’ve recently been indoctrinated into the world of Instagram. For someone who, ten years ago, railed against digital photography in general, I’m definitely a convert now. I still miss the days of hanging out in the darkroom, but I wouldn’t trade the ease of digital/phone photography for anything. So here’s a sampling of the quasi-hipstery Instagram photos I’ve taken of late:
little sister’s wedding hair trial.
Davis Square sunset sky.
new favorite boots – 7 bucks at Goodwill.
the ceiling at Berklee, where we saw the Magnetic Fields last month.
me and some buttons.
the dapper men in my life, en route to a Kentucky Derby party.
what Boston’s looked like a lot lately.
I found some ears.
I’m thinking perhaps I’ll make this a weekly thing? Lord knows I take enough pictures.